Happy weekend, friends! So sorry I did not get this post out on FRIDAY! But here it is, nonetheless!
Five things I want to share with you from my week:
- What I have been watching: not much of anything, to be quite honest! I do watch John Crist’s InstaStories for a good laugh now and then, but until basketball season starts, there’s no television for me. Not much of what’s on really appeals to me AND I am trying to be super intentional about how I spend my time. I would much rather be doing something productive in my home, talking to my family, OR reading. Which brings me to my next category…
- What I am reading: I’m happy to report that I finished Lisa Whittle’s book “Put Your Warrior Boots On: Walking Jesus Strong, Once and for All”. (loved it!) And now I am currently reading through the book of Psalms with Katie Orr and her Bible Study Hub Facebook group (check out the hashtag #31DaysinthePsalms on Instagram) and working my way through the second half of Nancy DeMoss Wolgemuth’s “Adorned: Living Out the Beauty of the Gospel Together”. I have said many times and I will continue to say that I believe with all my heart that book is one of THE most important books written for Christian women in a LONG time. In it, Nancy discusses the well known passage in Titus 2 that instructs both older and younger women in how to live out their biblical roles within the body of Christ. So important.
- Something I’m pondering: Extending my #socialmediafreeweekend to include Fridays as well as Saturdays and Sundays. I can be honest with y’all, right? I just feel myself getting burned out, falling more and more into the comparison trap, feeling the pressure to produce more content as my IG following grows, etc. If I am going to pour into others, I have GOT to make more time for being still and allowing God to pour into ME. The world is getting darker and people are desperate to find hope, truth, and encouragement. I want to be someone that can be counted on to remain steady and faithful, not growing weary in testifying to the power of God and His Word and the hope we have in the Lord. Therefore, I must put my phone down and be with the Lord more.
- Something new I tried: This recipe– Ground Beef Taco Bowls. It was a hit with everyone! If you decide to try it, let me know what you think!
- What I learned this week: Having less patience with others is usually an indicator that I am spending less time with the Lord.
Have a great weekend, friends! Next week I plan to start blogging about Bible study…beginning with WHY I do it 🙂
*this post contains affiliate links