Finally!

Hey friends! I am so happy you found me over here in my brand new space!

Yep, I finally pushed past fear and decided to quit waiting for the perfect words, perfect date on the calendar, perfect circumstances, etc., and I am launching my blog TODAY. Yay! (Did I mention how happy I am that YOU are here too?)

Many of you may know me from Instagram, where I’ve been sharing daily motivation and teachings for the past four years to inspire you to pursue a more intimate relationship with the Lord. But, I’m sure my name will be new to many others, so allow me to introduce myself.

I’m Amy Hale. I am a passionate believer, wife, and mom. I am also an enthusiastic student of the Word of God. Getting to know my Heavenly Father more and more through time spent daily in prayer and Scripture is probably my favorite thing.

See, for years, even as an adult Christian, I didn’t open my Bible very much. I just didn’t think it was necessary. I actually believed that because it was written so long ago, it probably wasn’t very relevant to my life. There was a time when I seriously thought it was not much more than a big ole book full of good stories to tell little children in Sunday School. (I can’t believe I just admitted that! LOL!)

Fast forward to 2013. I stumbled across a hashtag on Twitter that I had not seen before and I was curious to learn more about it. It was #SheReadsTruth. I looked through the various tweets and saw that it was a community of women who read passages of the Bible together and then shared what they had learned via social media posts. I was fascinated and wanted to learn more, so I subscribed to their blog. Daily, I began to receive devotions and a Scripture reading plan. I LOVED it. It was fun to study with others and it just felt less intimidating.

Somehow I got up the courage to share my personal “takeaways” from my studies. I didn’t have a pretty journal or backdrop. My photos were literally very simple words written on a sheet of notebook paper. “Who will even care to read this?” I often thought to myself.

I learned very quickly that many are hungry for real relationship with God and desperate to learn how to study and actually enjoy Scripture themselves. What about you? Can you relate? Then join me on this exciting journey. God’s Word is alive, powerful, life-changing… and I’d love to help you experience those things for yourself!

* indicates required

Next Post

You Might Also Like

43 Comments

• Reply Connie July 25, 2017 at 2:09 pm

So very excited to see this Amy. The podcast was amazing! Love you, your courage and your desire to inspire others to connect with their Creator by studying HIS word. May God richly bless you for your obedience!

• Reply Amy July 25, 2017 at 2:48 pm

Thank you so much, dear friend! Love you and appreciate your constant support!

• Reply Tami Theobald July 25, 2017 at 3:55 pm

I’m so excited for this. You bless me. Thanks for being my friend and my always prayer encourager. I love you.

• Reply Amy July 26, 2017 at 5:48 am

Thank you for celebrating with me! Love you too.

• Reply Jan July 25, 2017 at 5:05 pm

Can’t wait to seal that God does through you and your new website?

• Reply Amy July 26, 2017 at 5:48 am

Thank you!

• Reply Jan July 25, 2017 at 5:06 pm

Can’t wait to see…gotta love auto spell correct…

• Reply Allycia July 26, 2017 at 4:42 am

So happy for you! I look forward to reading more! 🙂

• Reply Amy July 26, 2017 at 5:47 am

Thanks SO much for supporting and joining me in this new adventure!

• Reply Helga July 26, 2017 at 4:48 am

So excited to see you here. Your posts are what started me on my journey to dig deeper into the word- I’m always bummed when I miss a post so thrilled to have you blogging!!

• Reply Amy July 26, 2017 at 5:47 am

Oh Helga, that means so much to me! Thank you!!

• Reply Pam July 26, 2017 at 5:04 am

Woot!!!! So excited and happy for you!! Thank you for being such an encourager to me as well as just a great friend to have… and one that I can relate to on so many levels. Love you!!

• Reply Amy July 26, 2017 at 5:42 am

Thank YOU for always being such a good friend and encourager to me as well! I love you and I’m so glad you’re here!

• Reply Sheila July 26, 2017 at 10:43 am

Awesome Amy!!! I remember stumbling across your Instagram while doing She Read a Truth! I am excited about your next!!!!

• Reply Amy July 27, 2017 at 3:13 am

That is so cool!

• Reply Susie July 26, 2017 at 10:50 am

Way to go, Amy! Cheering you on!

• Reply Amy August 2, 2017 at 3:34 am

Thanks Susie!

• Reply jUdy Wilder July 26, 2017 at 2:03 pm

Amy, How wonderful this is…the best of everything, my friend. I know God is blessing this new venture.

• Reply Amy August 2, 2017 at 3:35 am

Thank you so much Judy!

• Reply Teresa July 26, 2017 at 2:22 pm

I’m thrilled for you Amy as you walk in obedience to the Father. May He bless you and your family.

• Reply Amy July 27, 2017 at 7:25 pm

I appreciate that so much, friend.

• Reply Sandra July 26, 2017 at 5:56 pm

This is so exciting. I get positively giddy when I see something new from you on Instagram. And I have A LOT of your posts saved as pictures on my phone to reference back to often. Many times it feels like God is speaking directly to me through you. The podcast was the same. And thank you for sharing the marriage comments. That was me too…once upon a time. I can totally relate. And it took me years to get past feeling less than. Anyway, I can’t wait to see what God does here. ~Sandra

P.S. – I sadly missed your Instastory on how you store and organize all your notes. Could you find a way to post it? I know it would bless so many.

• Reply Amy July 27, 2017 at 1:48 am

You are so kind! Thank you for that! I am definitely reposting ALL the things I have discussed recently in Insta Stories because many others missed them too.

• Reply Barbra kondos July 27, 2017 at 2:35 am

Oh my!! SO very happy for you Amy! I just can’t get enough of your post and now a blog!!! God has blessed you and all of us! Congrats!!

• Reply Amy July 27, 2017 at 7:24 pm

Aw thank you!!

• Reply Karen Hill July 27, 2017 at 8:02 pm

Throughly enjoyed your podcast! Your transparency is the key to walking in Jesus freedom and a great reminder how we too can choose to do the same. Father has shown you how to be so creative and how to be fervent in studying The Living Word in ways you and others will understand. Thanks for sharing such practical ways on how we can grow more in Him and be creative also with our journaling and prayer time. ??? Blessings from AL

• Reply Amy July 29, 2017 at 12:34 am

Your kindness is overwhelming! Thank you from the bottom of my heart for the support and encouragement! Blessings to you, friend!

• Reply Amy black July 28, 2017 at 1:17 am

Amy Duncan hale. Look at you!!!! So proud of you. Go get what God’s got for you.

• Reply Amy July 29, 2017 at 12:34 am

Love you, Amy! It’s great to see you here!

• Reply Kela Nellums July 28, 2017 at 2:02 am

Welcome to the blogging world, my fear fighting friend!!!

• Reply Amy July 29, 2017 at 12:37 am

Thank you Kela!! Grateful for you! You will never know how much your Voxer messages have meant to me <3

• Reply Kristi July 28, 2017 at 12:30 pm

Awww Amy, I’m so happy that you’ve heeded God’s call and surrendered the doubts. THIS is where you belong sharing HIS message! So glad that God had our paths cross. Praying for you in this new venture!

• Reply Amy July 29, 2017 at 12:38 am

I hate a lot of things about technology but one thing I LOVE–being able to stay connected to you!! Thank you for your encouragement!

• Reply cheryl July 28, 2017 at 5:27 pm

You have no idea how thrilled I am for you!! The thing that makes my heart want to explode is when I think about how many lives you are about to touch by sharing your heart and your love for God’s word. I remember being in a drought and I have no idea how I met you on instagram but so thankful that God led me to you one morning. You have ignited something in my spirit and now I have such a passion for His word AND have been bold enough to share it so openly with others! Thank you friend for taking this leap of faith and following God’s calling on your life! I love you so much and so excited to be on this journey with you!

• Reply Amy July 29, 2017 at 1:37 am

Cheryl, I don’t even know what to say to that!! I am so grateful to God because what you just shared is a direct answer to my prayers! I love you and I am so grateful for your friendship!

• Reply Suzanne August 1, 2017 at 9:11 pm

Love you on Istagram! Can’t wait to see how the Lord uses you hear! God bless you!

• Reply Suzanne August 1, 2017 at 9:12 pm

Oops…here!?

• Reply Angelica August 1, 2017 at 10:07 pm

I am so grateful you decided to do this. I saw a picture on instagram and I thought … this is the easiest way to study my Bible!! I am so inspired by you!

• Reply Melody August 1, 2017 at 10:28 pm

I grew up in the church. Sometimes I have allowed my walk to become too routine, lime brushing my teeth. It was God that I came across you on Instagram (I’m still not exactly sure how I did) and something about you caught my attention. I started following you and watching your posts and videos. God has used you to awaken His Spirit within me. Thank you for your obedience to His calling and not letting fear keep you from it.

• Reply Kerie August 1, 2017 at 11:37 pm

So excited to see how the Lord strengthens and moves you

• Reply Dawn August 2, 2017 at 12:40 am

Hello Amy!! Love this intro, excited for you dear friend ❤️

• Reply Ando August 2, 2017 at 8:01 am

Hello Amy ! My name is Ando and I am from Paris. I am following you on insta about 1 year now. There was a moment when I struggled too in reading bible daily and I was looking for a way to revive it and how to take notes in a simple way! So after some research I bumped into your instagram posts! They were so inspiring and exactelly what I was looking for. What you are doing is very encouraging! So thank you Amy for your posts so far and for this blog! I am sure it will be great! Be encouraged and stay blessed!

• Reply Mikia August 15, 2017 at 5:57 pm

I am so excited for this!!!!! Can’t wait to read more of what you have to pour out!